Friday, October 17, 2014

Woodland Creatures

I found a picture on Pinterest and I was immediately intrigued!  


SO cute!!! #birthday #cake #animal #woodland

I decided I must try to recreate these woodland creatures with paper!  I started with a 4x4 piece of coasterboard as a base.  I was thinking that they would make great magnets.  

I used the Gift Bow Bigz L Die as a starting point for the belly and the eyes.  I ended up having to trim the eyes to the right shapes, but the gift bow die really provided a great starting point!

Here are all 4 animals together.



For the eyes, I used the 3/4" circle punch and colored the white of the eye using the white gel pen.  The circle noses are from the owl punch!

The owl nose was handcut.


The tails are handcut as are the ears.


My favorite is the hedgehog!  I love how he turned out.  I used the banner punch for the fur.  So cute!

When I showed  my family these critters they suggested I make other animals. So I made a skunk.  She turned out really cute too!  I wanted to add a flower but decided to keep her as is (for now).


Hope you enjoyed the woodland creatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment