Sunday, June 29, 2014

Way to Go Graduation Card

I had to make 2 graduation cards this weekend so I went to my handy dandy sketch challenges and found a sketch that I thought would translate well to what I wanted to do.

One sketch challenge I liked was Freshly Made Sketches #142.  A nice simple sketch with lots of opportunities!


I mentioned in a prior post that one of the first stamps sets I wanted to order in the new Stampin Up catalog was Bravo.  I thought this stamp set really contained a great versatile set of greetings.  And what I truly love about this set now that I own it is that it is a photopolymer set!  This really worked out for the best for the graduation card I ended up making!


For this card I thought it would be great to use various greetings in a collage type layout.  I used a bigger acrylic block and arranged the different greetings until they formed a pattern I liked.  To get the different colors I removed three of the stamps and left the 2 larger stamps on the block to stamp the greetings in Pacific Point.  Then I added the smaller 3 greetings back and removed the larger ones and stamped the 3 greetings in Crushed Curry.  It worked out great!  And with the photopolymer stamps I was able to line everything up just how I wanted and ensured the image would stamp where I expected to see the image.

The bottom border is a row of Crushed Curry banners punched from the banner punch.  I adhered these to the card front with dimensionals and then added the Pacific Point candy dots for added color.  Since this was for a boy, I decided to keep the bling down to a minimum.  The candy dots worked out well for this tactic.

Getting back to the photopolymer stamps, apart from being able to line things up perfectly, what I also love about the photopolymer stamps is that you don't have to prep them in any way.  That is, pop them out of the rubber and add the sticker on the back.  The photopolymer stamps come ready for immediate use!  What a time saver!  I just unpacked them from the box and shelved them with the rest of my stamps.  So easy!

Hope you enjoyed the card.  I will post the second graduation card I made later this week.

Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fantastic graduation card! So colorful and the collage stamping looks great. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete