Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Graduation Cap Gift Box

My niece graduated from high school and of course I had to make her card.  I knew what I wanted to do with her card, I have had that planned for about a month now.  That will get posted tomorrow!

Anyway, inadvertently I was thinking about the new Sizzix Hamburger Box XL Die from Stampin Up and somehow an idea came to me!  Don't you love it when that happens?!?  It wasn't even midnight when the idea struck.  I couldn't wait to try it.


Didn't it turn out so cute!!  I put her gift inside the box and she just loved it!!


To make the box I cut out 2 boxes using the Hamburger die, one in Basic Black and one in Real Red.  I put the Basic Black box together and used that as the base. I cut the bottom part of the Real Red box off and just made made the top part.  I glued the top Real Red box to the Basic Black box for the cap.  I cut another piece of Real Red cardstock in a 4.75x4.75 square and sewed a Cherry Cobbled button the middle.  Then I used dimensionals to adhere the top to the box.


The tassle was made using embroidery thread (in a Pacific Point-ish color).  For the tag I used the tag die that comes with the Hamburger Box Die and cut it out using Whisper White.  I used my e-cutter to cut out the numbers from My Digital Studio Embark Graduate Stamp Brush Set.

I am so happy with how this turned out.  I may have to make a few more for other graduation parties we are attending this year.

Hope this gave you some inspiration!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment