Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pleasant Thoughts of Poppies

As I was preparing cards for a Stamp Camp, I was flipping through the Stampin Up 2014-15 catalog and was excited to see so many gorgeous projects.  One of the great things about the Stampin Up catalog is all of the samples they feature made with the product.  I am always so inspired by the artists designs and often wonder how they came up with the creations!  They are so beautiful and stunning.  One of the cards that caught my eye due to it's fairly simple layout is on page 107 of the catalog.  Here is a picture.

From Stampin' Up! 2014-2015 Catalog, page 107

Now I don't have that flower stamp set so I used a stamp set I had in my supply, Pleasant Poppies, which I inked with Memento ink and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock.  I colored in the flowers with the new Blendabilities markers, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Old Olive.  I just love how the marker lines don't show!  It amazes me every time.  Being a chemistry major I would think I would understand this more, but I just love the look!!



This card was so simple to put together.  The greeting is from A Dozen Thoughts and the bow is a fork bow made with the Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine.

I can't wait to see what other inspirations I can muster!

No comments:

Post a Comment