Sunday, June 15, 2014

Be the Star

It's time for another Stampin' Celebration sketch challenge (SC81)!  This sketch was fun to play with, lots of options!  The team did such a nice job interpreting the image so many different ways!


For my design I decided to go with a star motif.  I couldn't believe all of the new items I was able to use for this card!!  I started pulling out my new supplies and ended up using a little of everything!



The color scheme is gray (Smoky Slate and Basic Gray) with Coastal Cabana and Calypso Coral.  I used the Tiny Triangles textured embossing folder for the background and the Star Framelits for the big and smaller star.  I was even able to use the new Ecelctic paper piercing pack to add some texture the stars!

The small Calypso Coral stars are from the Itty Bitty Accents paper punch set. The greeting is from Be the Star Stamp Set.  I used a marker to ink up the stamp set and then cut the greeting out using the smallest star in the Star Framelits Die set.  
My favorite addition was the star sequins from the In Color sequins pack! They added that extra bling to the card without overstating!


There were so many other products I was playing with before I settled on this final product.  The Hearts and Stars decorative mask, another stamp set with a star. So many choices!!  I am happy with the final result and can't wait to use these other products now!

Hope you enjoy this months sketch challenge and the inspiration from the other design team members!





1 comment:

  1. I love this fun card! The colors are great and I love the look of the stars with that embossing folder! (Now I need that one too!) ;)

    ReplyDelete