Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Happy Birthday

Today I am playing along with Freshly Made Sketches #140.  



I have been making cards for a stamp camp I am holding tonight and it just so happened that I had created a card similar in design to the Freshly Made Sketch before I even saw the sketch.  So I was quite excited to see this sketch.  Here is my original card.




I used Retro Fresh washi tape for the stripes and the Large Polka Dot embossing folder.  I love the large polka dot embossing folder!  It may be one of my new favorites!  For the greeting I used the Starburst Framelit die for the greeting background and the greeting is from the Yippee-Skippee stamp set and punched using the 1-3/4" circle punch.  For the flower I used the Petite Petal punch and a mini brad.

Since this card was in landscape I created a second card (for my sister) and followed the Freshly Made Sketch design using the portrait orientation.



For this card I used the Sweet Sadie washi tape and the large polka embossing folder.  The greeting is from the stamp set Amazing Birthday.  I stamped the birthday greeting it in Pistachio Pudding onto Whisper White cardstock and cut out the 3 "happy" rectangles and adhered them to the card with dimensionals.  The birthday cake was stamped in Basic Black and punched using the 1-1/4" circle punch; I used markers to add some color.  I really like how this turned out.  One note, I had to use the smaller starburst framelit for the portrait orientation, the larger starburst used on the landscape version of the card covered too much of the card.

Enjoy your day, it is beautiful here in Chicago!!



2 comments:

  1. Great cards! I love embossed background! Love the stripes! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete