Monday, February 10, 2014

Thirteen in MDS

Last week I posted that I wanted to catch-up with my 2013 scrapbooking (by the end of March).  An attempt to stay as current as possible.  I was working on my son's book this weekend and I am almost finished with his book through 2013.  I suppose the good news is that my 15 year old does not give me many photo ops!

Last week I played along with the Simply My Digital Studio Challenge hosted by Kimberly vanDiepen and Heather Summers so I decided to try again this week. When I saw the sketch Kimberly put together I knew I wanted to use a picture of my daughter that I took back in May!!  The sketch fit perfectly with what I wanted to accomplish with the picture, although I did have to turn the sketch to fit my needs.



I was excited to work on my middle daughters scrapbook, Hannah, until I opened her book in My Digital Studio and realized I only had 2 pages complete for her for 2013. Wow, lots to do with her book!!  Luckily I am fairly caught-up with the youngest child!  

Anyway, Hannah is big into instagram and snapchat, so I thought the hashtag would be perfect.  I also knew I wanted to describe her as I see her (partly as a reminder in case my attitude changes during the next 3 years).  She has grown so much this year and has really been a big help to us.  I love that she is sticking her tongue out at me!  So sassy of her.  She has a great sense of humor! I also tried to go without a DSP background.  I decided to use very vanilla for the background instead of white.  Otherwise, another sketch where I was able to keep the white space.



Here are the supplies from My Digital Studio that I used for this page:
Background:Textured Card Stock - Very Vanilla
Embellishments: This And That Retro Fresh; This And That Retro Fresh Washi Tape; Natural Designer Buttons; Mis-Stitched
Stamps: Back to School; Ink Splatter; Moments Ago; Noteworthy Alphabet
Punches: Do Your Best; Wonderland Party; Embark Graduate
Paper: Retro Fresh designer series paper




No comments:

Post a Comment