Sunday, February 23, 2014

Another Great Birthday

I mentioned in a previous post all the February birthdays we have in our family. The last birthday of the month was yesterday, my husband!  I decided to use a new stamp set from the 2014 Occasions catalog, Another Great Year.  And since the February Paper Pumpkin was gift bags, I had to use one for his gift.  In the end he received a coordinating card and gift bag, along with his gift ;0).


For his card I used Petal Parade stamp set (a sale-a-bration stamp set) and stamped the chevron pattern with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I took basic gray Coredinations cardstock and embossed with the Arrows Textured Embossing Folder and sanded the top so the arrows had more definition.

The greeting was stamped in Midnight Muse onto Whisper White cardstock.  I also stamped the greeting onto Soft Sky cardstock and fussy cut the two banners out.


For the embellishment on the bottom, I folder a piece of chevron ribbon in half and trimmed the bottom to match the point.  I sewed a button onto the chevron ribbon using linen thread and adhered it to the arrow from the Label Card Thinlits Die set. The large stars are from the Circle Card Thinlits Die and the small star is from the Merry Minis Punch Pack, a carry-over item from the 2013 Holiday catalog.

As I mentioned, since the February Paper Pumpkin was gift bags, they turned out to be the perfect companion for this gift!  I decided to to use Crumb Cake as the base color for his card so I could coordinate with the gift bag!

I used the same general elements on the gift bag with just a few change-ups.


I sewed the button to the chevron ribbon but mounted it sideways instead.


For the top of the bag I sewed some stars to linen thread to make a banner. Then I clipped the banner to the  bag using the mini clothespins that came in the paper pumpkin kit this month.


So needless to say, my husband was appreciative of his card and bag.  He also liked the watch I bought him!  A pretty easy purchase since he had it on his wish list in Amazon ;0).  The hard part was hiding the purchase until the big day since the emails go to our shared email account.  I guess there has to be some sort of effort put into the purchasing part of the gift.

My next few cards will be designs for my Signs of Spring  Stamp Camp I am hosting on March 7th. Hopefully the temperature will begin to rise a little.  I am ready to be above the freezing point!  I will try to at least design cards that will put us in the spring spirit, even if the weather does not cooperate!

Stamp Sets: Another Great Year (Occasions), Petal Parade (SAB)
Big Shot: Arrows Textured Embossing Folder,  Label Card Thinlits Die,  Circle Card Thinlits Die
Colors: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Soft Sky
Accessories: 5/8" Natural Chevron Ribbon (Occasions), Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Merry Minis Punch Pack (carryover Holiday), white embossing powder, heat tool

No comments:

Post a Comment