Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dear Heart Birthday Card

I made a contact who really enjoys the handmade cards I create.  She recently asked for a few birthday cards to have on hand for little girls and boys.

I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to take out my Dear Heart photopolymer stamp set from Stampin' Up!  I love this stamp set, but since my "little" boy is now 16 and my youngest nephew is 9.  So, needless to say I don't really have many opportunities to use this stamp set.

Anyway, opportunity knocked!



For the colors I decided to use Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, Tangelo Twist and Crumb Cake,

For the background I used the Be the Star Stamp set from the Stampin' Up! annual catalog.  The alligator image is from the Dear Heart stamp set.  I stamped him with Memento ink and then used the new Wild Wasabi Blendabilities to color him in.  Then, I fussy cut him out and mounted him on a flag I cut out from crumb cake card stock.

The greeting is from the Endless Wishes photopolymer stamp set (in the Annual Catalog) stamped with Chocolate Chip ink pad.

She loved the cards and I had fun making them!

I will post the card I made for little cards on my next post!


 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment