Monday, August 15, 2016

SC133 Paisley Sketch

Welcome back to Stampin' Celebration and the August Sketch Challenge (SC133)!


I was able to preorder some items from the Stampin' Up! 2016 Holiday Catalog and I couldn't wait to use the new Paisley Suite of products!!

I am a fan of paisley and so when I saw this stamp set I knew it would be given a lot of love this fall!

I also love that Stampin' Up! introduced copper mettalic products into the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog!  They did not disappoint when they added copper foil to the 2016 Holiday catalog!!

So for this challenge I wanted to incorporate copper and paisley into the design.


Here is what I cam up with...


I have to be honest, it took a whle to get this to where I wanted it to be.  Usually with a sketch challenge I have an easier time developing a card.  For this one, perhaps I was restricting myself too much, bt I finally got it to where I was happy with the end result.

The color combination is Copper, Bermuda Bay, Cajun Craze and Tangerine Tango on a background of Very Vanilla.  I took the colors from a combination I saw on Pinterest a long time ago!  While I didn't stick with the color combination totally, it certainly was an inspiration to the design.

This card uses the Paisley & Posies stamp set and the Paisley framelits from the 2016 Holiday Catalog (sneak peak)!.  The greeting is from Rose Wonder and I added the Bermuda Bay sequin trim.

I hope you get to play along with us this month!  Can't wait to see what you create.



No comments:

Post a Comment