Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Retro Engagement!

Wow, my sister texted and asked if I could make a card.  Her niece got engaged this weekend and she wanted to send her a card along with the gift.  I was excited for the news and more than happy to make a card for the happy event!

I had just looked at the new sketch challenge from retrosketches #196 and I started putting this card together in my head!  I love it when things just fall together!

 

I did not go along with the square design and used the traditional A4 dimensions.  Other than that, the sketch is pretty clear in my card!


I decided on a monochroomatic background with Whisper White and a Whisper White Striped Scallop die cut.  The tag was die cut from Lost Lagoon cardstock using the Tags and Labels Framelits.  I punched flowers from Hello Honey cardstock using the 7/8" scalloped punch.  I used two per flower and cut in between the scallops.  Then I used the bone folder to loosen the fibers of the scallops and then scrunched them around the candy dots brad base.  I used the white accents on the brad instead of the candy dots.

The greeting is adorable and is new from the Stampin' Up! 2016 Occasions Catalog called Greatest Greetings.  I love handwritten greetings and since I am not a fan of my handwriting, I love when there are great options available!

Hope you like the card!  I am so excited about the end product!  Everything just came together so nicely and easily today.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment: