Friday, March 13, 2015

Happy Birthday Gift Bag

My niece's birthday is next week and she is away at college.  It's the first kid to go off to college and we had that family discussion regarding along the lines of "when to stop celebrating kids birthdays" as a family.  Since she is away at school it makes it easier to make that transition, but it's still so bittersweet.

Anyway, I wanted to make her a card using the mini treat bag thinlit dies from the Stampin' Up! 2015 Occasions catalog.

I found a sketch I thought I could use to decorate the bag from Retrosketches (#156).


I decided to use the Birthday Bash Specialty Designer Series Paper.


What I love about the Mini Treat Bag thinlit set is the various other shapes and greetings that come with the set.  The star and the "for you" were also in this set.  There is actually no stamping on this treat bag!

I pulled out strips of thread from the calypso coral ribbon that is from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack.  

On the inside I added die cut the top of a piece of Daffodil Delight to add a greeting from the family and a gift card.

I hope it reminds her that we are still thinking about her on her special day!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment