Saturday, January 11, 2014

Make a Wish

I had three birthday cards to make for my nieces and nephew today so I spent most of the day today making cards.  Just got back from a party for two of the birthdays so decide to post before I forgot what I did!!

I will show the first one today and then the others over the next few days.  Here is a sneak peak of the other two cards ;0)

Sweet 16
Golden Birthday

Onto the card for today's post, niece #1 who turns 10 in February.  I needed to mail her card to Switzerland so I had to be proactive on this one.  I was up pretty early this morning so I needed some inspiration before starting (and time to let the coffee do it's thing).  I hopped on over to Freshly Made Sketches and found the card sketch #118 so I decided to use this sketch.  Keeping it simple at an early hour (for a Saturday!).
I didn't know what color combinations I wanted to use so I hopped next to colourQ to see if I could get some inspiration.  I liked the combination in colourQ challenge #223 so I decided to use this combination.


Now, I wanted to stay with current colors and both Bravo Burgundy and Poppy Parade are not active colors at Stampin' Up! so I changed them to Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals.

I must confess, I was a little disappointed when I got to my stamp room because I thought I had a stamp set I was going to use for the cards but it turned out I didn't buy it yet.  I guess I decided to get Starburst Sayings (from the new 2014 Occasions Catalog) with my next order.  Anyway, it didn't take me long to revamp. Here is my card.  I hope she enjoys it!  Come back later this week to see the other cards in more detail!


Stamp set: Perfect Pennants (Occasions Catalog 2014)
Big Shot: Window Frames Framelits; Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die (Occasions Catalog 2014)
Colors: Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple, Primerose Petals, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Accessories: Raspberry Ripple 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Festive Paper Piercing Pack





















1 comment:

  1. What a great way to combine challenges! Your card is lovely with that hexagon background and gorgeous ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete