Sunday, February 17, 2013

Miss You

While I don't really have anyone specific to send a card such as this, I wanted to do a luggage card using the faux alligator technique.  I love the way it turned out!  While I made this a while ago, with a now retired stamp sets (p.s. I love you and well worn background stamp), there are many other stamp sets one could use to recreate this card. 

 
 

To create the faux alligator bag look, I took soft sued cardstock and covered it with Versamark.  Then I took clear embossing powder and loaded up the cardstock.  Then, I took a bone folder and drew random lines in the powder.  Once all the lines were drawn, I heat embossed it and voila!  The faux alligator bag look.  I saw a pink and gray and black bag in the sunday sales paper so my next project is to try to recreate that one for a card!  I'll post the results soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment