Thursday, July 27, 2017

A Fresh Birthday Card

I have been wanting to use the new embossing paste in the Stampin' Up! 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. I love the 3-D effect the paste adds to the card.  For my first attempt I decided to go with the natural look, white.  I know you can use a reinker and color the paste.  I like the monochrome effect of the white on white though so I started with there.  



I die cut the rhombus shapes from the Eclectic Layers Thinlits and used that as a stencil.  Once the paste dried I cut out some flowers and leaves using the same Eclectic Layers thinlit set.  The flower uses Fresh Fig (one of the new 20017-2018 In Colors from Stampin Up!) and Perfect Plum.  

The greeting is from the Better Together wood mount stamp set.  I love this set as it gives a great variety of greetings to cover various occasions.  I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits die to cut the greeting out and added some mini silver sequin trim as well as some whisper white and fresh fig 1/8" sheer ribbon.

Hope you enjoyed the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment