Monday, August 10, 2015

Mapping to SC110 Inspiration Challenge

Welcome back to another Stampin' Celebration inspiration challenge (SC110)!  I love the images in this pictures!  Such fun colors and the map is a fun image to trigger inspiration!



I am so happy that Staminp' Up! did not retire the Map background stamp! Background stamps are my favorite stamps.  They can add texture and image with little work!  



For this card I stamped the map image onto Pool Party cardstock using Versamark and then heat embossed the image with black embossing powder. Then I used a sponge a sponged some shading to the map with Top Top Taupe, Mint Macaron and Marina Mist.

For the greeting I die cut "cheers" using the Greetings thinlits dies from Tip Top Taupe cardstock and added some black cardstock behind to make the greeting pop.

The heart is die cut from the Circle Card Thinlits Die; to make it thicker I glued 4 pieces together and then covered the top layer with Irridescent Ice glitter and 2-way glue.  This added sparkle to the card.  I added some silver metallic thread behind the heart for added interest,

I forgot I used the "cheers" greeting on my last SC project.  Guess I love this greeting ;0)  It's pretty versatile which is probably why I am drawn to using it.

That's all for this card, hope you are inspired to join us for this challenge!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment