Monday, May 11, 2015

Stampin Celebration Inspiration - Flying High

Welcome back for the May Stampin' Celebration inspiration sketch challenge.  I am excited for this challenge as I think the colors are nice and bright and happy! 




I happen to be in Japan this week for work, so it was fun learning about the Children's Day tradition!  Something I can discuss with colleagues who just finished celebrating Golden Week,

Anyway, I decided to use the colors and kites in my project.  Instead of finding a kite stamp I decided to make my own kites using the triangle punch from Stamping Up!.  I Punched two triangles and then but each triangle in half.  Then I pieced together the 4 pieces to make each kite.  Pretty simple and they ended up perfectly even on all sides ;0)!



For the flags on the kite I used the banner punch.  Again, it made nearly perfect flags!  I started cutting them by hand until I happened to realize that the shape matched the banner punch.  Much easier to punch each flag than hand cut them!


Have a great day!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Wendi I absolutely love this birthday card. The kites flying high in all their colourful glory and the cute flags fluttering on their tails. WOW!!!! Thanks for sharing. This is my favourite from the inspiration challenge, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete