Saturday, April 19, 2014

Floral Wreath

I have had this wreath in parts made for the last few months.  I finally had a chance to finish the flowers.  Because of my procrastination (or overbooking myself), I had to change the large flower out for a different one.  I used some product from sale-a-bration and since these products were no longer available, I had the opportunity to make a peony!  I really love peonies!!  I love the color and the smell! I just don't like the ants, but I understand the whole circle of life aspect of why ants are important to them so I tolerate them and shake the flowers really really hard when I want to enjoy them indoors ;0).


I love making paper flowers.  Stampin' Up! has so many great products for making flowers.  The new flower die in the 2014 Occasions catalog is great for making roses and other flowers as well.


I also like the creped filter paper for making flowers with a more delicate look.  I used creped filter paper for the peony.  I cut different floral shapes using the Floral Frames Framelits Die.  Then I sprayed the filter paper flowers with a mix of ink (blushing bride and raspberry ripple and crushed curry for the inside of the flower).  I really like how the mix of ink and alcohol dries so quickly. Allows you to continue a project the same day!!


And then there are the punches!  I used the pansy punch and the petite petals punches for the crushed curry flowers.


I hung this wreath in my foyer so people can see it when they walk into the house. I love the way it turned out and the colors make me happy whenever I see it!



No comments:

Post a Comment