Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Gorgeous Grunge

When I received the new Stampin Up catalog in May, one of the first stamp sets that I couldn't wait to purchase was Gorgeous Grunge!  Since I have 3 teen/pre-teens, I knew this stamp set would come in handy!  Then, when I found out that this was one of the stamp sets we would get if we attended Convention I was even more excited, except, it meant that I had to wait another 3 weeks to get the set!  I couldn't wait to come home after convention and create with this stamp set!

I created this card for stamp camp last week.  The ladies that attended Stamp Camp really liked the card, although they said they would not have bought the stamp set if they didn't actually get to see the set in action.  They really enjoyed making this card and two of the ladies bought the stamp set!

The color combination was inspired by a scarf my co-worker wore to work.  I was busy sketching this card during a meeting, multi-tasking if you will ;0). Luckily, sketches don't take too long, just needed enough time to capture my thoughts so I wouldn't forget.



Stamp sets: Gorgeous Gunge, Yippee Skippee
Colors: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, 
Pear Pizzazz
Big Shot: Chalk Talk framelit dies
Accessories: 1/8" melon mambo taffeta ribbon, 3/8" old olive taffeta ribbon, Vintage faceted designer button, whisper white bakers twine

No comments:

Post a Comment