Thursday, December 27, 2018

Gnome for the holidays

I love the scandanavian gnomes and have been stalking them on Pinterest for years.  I finally decided to make one of my own using my own medium, paper!

The first one I made was a self-closing gift baggie.  I love these gift baggies, so simple to make and they look great.  I found a tutorial for the boxes on YouTube from Pootles Papercraft.  She has some great tutorials!  The baggie can be found at: https://youtu.be/hlxKaoShTqg (Stampin' Up! Scallop Topped Self Closing Baggie).

I made the gift bag from a piece of crumb cake cardstock that was 5.5" tall.  Once the bag was glue together, I freehand cut the hat and made a hat from the Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper from the Stampin' Up! 2018 Holiday Catalog.  I made the beard from the braided linen trim, also in the Stampin' Up! 2018 Holiday catalog (and carrying over into the spring).  I hand-trimmed the nose starting with a 3/4" circle.



  


I had so much fun with the gift bag that I decided to make tags.  Below are some pictures of the tags I made.  I used 2" x 4" cardstock and hand-trimmed the hat.  

  



I love how the cable knit hats turned out!  I used the cable knit embossing folder (Stampin' Up! Annual 2018-2019 catalog).  For the trim I wet the embossed cardstock and bent the cardstock slightly to give it a little curve.

Hope you enjoyed the gnomes!!  I am very happy I finally made my own!

Happy Wednesday.








No comments:

Post a Comment